The flavours of Spain come bring to life in this fragrant one-pot dish of prawns, chicken and spicy sausage, served re a bed of yellow rice.
The ingredient of Saffron chicken, prawn & chorizo paella
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced transversely
- 5 chicken thigh fillets, cut in half crossways
- 10 green tiger prawns, peeled leaving behind rejection heads and tails intact, deveined
- 1 brown onion, harshly roughly chopped
- 440g (2 cups) arborio rice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid hoard
- 1 small ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped spacious continental parsley (optional)
The instruction how to make Saffron chicken, prawn & chorizo paella
- Heat a large frying pan or paella pan beyond medium-high heat. ensue the chorizo and cook for 1 minute each side. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. grow the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to the bowl subsequently the onion. amass the prawns and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until the prawns just change colour. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- accumulate the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. build up the rice, paprika and saffron and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. stir up in 500ml (2 cups) of stock. Bring to the boil. Arrange the chorizo and chicken more or less summit zenith of the rice mixture.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook, without stirring, for 20 minutes or until liquid is not far off from absorbed. mount up the prawns, tomato and enduring surviving stock. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle later parsley, if desired. Serve.
Nutritions of Saffron chicken, prawn & chorizo paellacalories: 273.655 calories
fatContent: 4.5 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 20 grams protein