*Disclaimer: This recipe is a aficionada zealot recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Spanish style savoury rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely diced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups hot Massel chicken style liquid accretion
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, rinsed deadened water
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped, optional
The instruction how to make Spanish style savoury rice
- Use a large pot/pan for this dish (preferably a non attach pot) taking into consideration a tight fitting lid.
- in the same way as medium to high heat, fry half of the amount of onion garlic and spring onion in about 2 tbsp oil until onion has softened. Saute the chicken strips until lightly browned. Whilst sauteing, season afterward the paprika and a little pepper if you wish. Remove chicken from pan. Set aside.
- With the same pan, fry the remaining onion garlic and spring onion when the chorizo until oil renders out of the chorizo. You could mount up a small amount of oil to relief this process if you wish.
- grow the rice to the pan and coat the rice considering the pan ingredients. stir up without difficulty for at least 2 minutes.
- slope heat to very low. increase be credited with tinned tomatoes and chicken, protest through. ensue 2 cups stock, disturb through and put lid on.
- Let rice occupy the liquid. bearing in mind mostly absorbed, go to the peas and mix up through. amass marginal cup of stock and replace lid. Let the rice absorb the liquid, then trouble through. Test the rice like your fingers or bite. If it needs more liquid, build up more heap or water and replace lid.
- Keep investigation the rice taking into consideration the liquid is absorbed. protest through to ensure you test the rice which in the middle of the pan and not just at the top. If you feel that it is yet nevertheless too bitey. You can increase be credited with a bit of water, just be careful not to add too much or the rice could do too soggy.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley like serving.
Nutritions of Spanish style savoury ricecalories: