For a hearty vegetarian meal strive for this flavoursome curried lentil and vegetable pie.
The ingredient of Curried lentil and vegetable pie
- 800g cream delight potatoes, peeled
- 60g butter, chopped
- 2 tbsp other virgin olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece blithe ginger, finely grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup madras curry glue gum
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp lighthearted coriander leaves, to support
The instruction how to make Curried lentil and vegetable pie
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover afterward Cool water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Mash potatoes. increase be credited with butter. Season taking into consideration salt and pepper, and toss around to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan exceeding medium heat. ensue onion, garlic, ginger, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- increase be credited with curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. go to lentils, tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. shorten heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. shake up in peas.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 19cm x 26cm (8-cupcapacity) oval baking dish. Place lentil incorporation combination in prepared dish. peak subsequent to mashed potato. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. help topped later than coriander.
Nutritions of Curried lentil and vegetable piecalories: 403.193 calories
fatContent: 24.7 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 10.7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 30.8 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 10.8 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 17 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 750 milligrams sodium