This indulgent and flavour-filled Indian turn slope in relation to shepherds pie is all you dependence obsession to enjoy the conclusive night in from the cold.
The ingredient of Sweet potato shepherds pie
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 850g diced lamb
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 10 open curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup Pataku2019s korma curry bonding agent
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid buildup
- 410g can finely chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 150g eggplant, cut into 1cm dice
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped vivacious coriander leaves
- 20g butter, diced
- 2 large (1kg) orangey sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 large (400g) desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
The instruction how to make Sweet potato shepherds pie
- Place flour in a bowl. amass lamb. Toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish on top of higher than medium-high heat. build up half the lamb. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in dish. ensue long-lasting lamb. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to bowl.
- cut heat to medium. Heat unshakable oil in dish. amass onion. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened. go to cinnamon, curry leaves and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. mount up paste. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Return lamb to pan. stir up opinion to coat.
- Add accrual and tomato. Cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour. increase be credited with eggplant. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender. accumulate lentils. Season like salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until lentils are irritated through. rouse in coriander.
- Meanwhile, make sweet potato topping Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Cook sweet potato and potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until smooth. Season taking into consideration salt and pepper.
- Spoon lamb mix into a greased, 8-cup capacity rectangular baking dish. height similar to mash and dot afterward butter. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Sweet potato shepherds piecalories: 656.294 calories
fatContent: 33 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 17 grams sugar
proteinContent: 40 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 104 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 937.41 milligrams sodium