Marion Grasby gives the unchanging everlasting Aussie steak a spicy Asian twist.
The ingredient of Korean-style barbecue steak taking into consideration spicy slaw
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 nashi pear
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 1 green shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 (about 200g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sesame oil, additional supplementary
- 1 small (about 700g) wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 1 cup buoyant mint leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Korean-style barbecue steak taking into consideration spicy slaw
- Fill a bowl next Cool water and mount up the lemon juice. separate 1 cheek from the nashi and reserve. Cut the long-lasting nashi into matchsticks and place in the lemon water to stop them browning.
- Peel and scratchily grate the reserved nashi. Place in a bowl along gone sugar, soy sauce, shallot, mirin, garlic and sesame oil, and whisk to combine. go to the steaks and perspective to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate
- To make salad dressing, excite the vinegar, honey, chilli flakes and further sesame oil in a bowl until combined. Drain nashi matchsticks and place in a bowl along taking into consideration the wombok and mint. excite to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill something like high. Drain the steaks, reserving the marinade. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover and flaming for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to the boil in a small saucepan beyond medium-high heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until condensed abbreviated slightly. Cool slightly.
- Pour the salad dressing greater than the wombok salad and toss to combine. Slice steaks and divide among plates. Drizzle afterward reserved marinade and serve similar to the spicy slaw.
Nutritions of Korean-style barbecue steak taking into consideration spicy slawcalories: 616.859 calories
fatContent: 24.2 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6.4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 34.8 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 26.7 grams sugar
proteinContent: 63.6 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 179 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 810 milligrams sodium