Finish these little lemon cupcakes at the fete later a shower of sugary fairy dust.
The ingredient of Lemon curd fairy cakes
- 200g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 1 x 350g btl lemon curd
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Lemon curd fairy cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line fifteen 80ml (1/3-cup) power muffin pans behind paper cases.
- Use an electric beater to prominence the butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl for 10-12 minutes or until feeble and creamy. mount up the eggs, 1 at a time, beating without difficulty after each addition.
- Sift the collect flour into a bowl. grow half the flour and half the buttermilk to the egg incorporation combination and disquiet until competently combined. accumulate the long-lasting flour and buttermilk and shake up until without difficulty combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly accompanied by the lined pans and sleek slick the surfaces. Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 10 minutes to cool slightly in advance turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a small gruff knife to cut a small cone-shaped piece from the height of each cake, desertion a 1cm-wide border. Cut each piece of cake in half and reserve. Use a teaspoon to fill the cake cavities subsequently the lemon curd. culmination each cake taking into consideration 2 reserved cake pieces to make wings. Dust next icing sugar to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon curd fairy cakescalories: